Southeastern Orthopedic Center was instrumental in the implementation and passage of house bill O.C.G.A. ~20 -2-772 in 1982 that mandated a state wide scoliosis screening program for students in grades sixth and eight.. We have continued to be actively involved in the program by providing the following services.
- Participating in the actual screening in the schools in Health District 1 and 2
- Participation in the follow up of students identified with signs of scoliosis
- Providing an x-ray clinic for parents who choose to utilize our facilities
- Providing and interpretation of those x-rays with a diagnosis and advised treatment plan by Dr. James Dewberry, State Medical Consultant
- Participation in state-wide training seminars for health care professional who are involved in the screening program
For more information contact Alice Jarvis, Scoliosis Consultant: 912-657-3527